Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Closer We Walk

The closer we walk with our heavenly Father, the more distance our former friends and family want between us, and them. This should not come as a surprise. Yeshua spoke of this often. In Matthew 10: 21 & 22, Yeshua says these words:

"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against their parents and have them put to death. And you will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end shall be saved."

Again, in Matthew 24:9 Yeshua has this to say,
"Then they will hand you over to persecution and will kill you. You will be hated of all nations because of My name"

We have to understand something. Many people today, are sitting in churches, that do not preach the truth of the Gospel. I sat in several denominational churches, for almost half of my life, and not once, had I ever heard our Father's plan of salvation even mentioned. I was confirmed as a young teen in the Lutheran church, and had never heard the answer to the question, "What must I do to be saved?" The same was true for the Methodist church, and the Episcopal church. What I did hear was that we are saved by grace, so don't worry about keeping the commandments of God. Jesus did it all for you. It is a sad commentary, that so many people, are sitting in these dead churches for years, and they have never heard the message of salvation.

It is quite obvious from reading Matthew 7:21- 23, that many, who thought they were saved, will not make it into the kingdom of heaven. It is sad. They thought they were saved. They thought they were on the right track, but Yeshua's words are clear when He said,

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord!' will enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in Your name, and drive out demons in Your name, and perform many miracles in Your name?' Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you. Get away from Me, you workers of lawlessness!'"

Notice; those who do the will of the Father will enter in. What is the will of the Father? That's simple. That you "keep His commandments." Also notice; The workers of lawlessness will not enter in. John 14:21 says,

"He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. He who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him"

Has He revealed Himself to you, or do you only know about Him as some being out there in the far off sky somewhere? Ask Him, and He will become real to you, and will reveal Yeshua (Jesus) to you as a real living person.

Visit Barry @ Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment