Thursday, July 16, 2015

Conversing With The Almighty

by Barry W. Gaugler

As I was lying on my bed this morning, after awakening, I was having a conversation with our heavenly Father. My thoughts were upon Adam and how - before his fall - he walked with God in the cool of the evening. How awesome that would have been to have a conversation with the Almighty in real time just as we would have with another person. Our prayers are supposed to be that way. I got out of bed, grabbed a cup of coffee, and went out onto the porch to sit and drink it while the morning was still cool. Our conversation continued.
I was wondering why our Father would withhold His truth to so many people who seem to be honestly seeking Him with their whole heart. I asked Him, "Why is it so easy to hear from the deceiver? He is constantly there bombarding us through our thoughts and the things he places before our eyes to tempt us. Yet, there are times that it seems so difficult to hear from You? So often we pray and seem to get no answer. Why is that?" His answer was a bit surprising, but at the same time, not so much.
Many seek after God intellectually for the sake of their own curiosity. They are not truly interested in a personal relationship with Him. They simply want some form of intellectual evidence whether or not He is real. They really have no heartfelt desire to fully submit their lives to Him. Some intend to use Him for personal gain which is why so many seek the prosperity teachings with such passion. Some attempt to use Him as a way of wielding power in an intellectual manner. It becomes all about self, and looking wise before men. True wisdom certainly does come from the fear of the Almighty, but the wise will always point back to the Wisdom Giver as their source. It is not about us. It is all about Him. Then there are those seeking spiritual power. They are easy prey for Satan to use his power through them and thus counterfeit God's power through false spirits. Sadly this happens all too often. There certainly is power granted to those trusting in the Almighty. He will demonstrate His power through His true believers. However, Satan is a counterfeiter. He will attempt to mimic everything God does, but his intents are to deceive. We are to try the spirits whether or not they are of God.
Make no mistake, God is not mocked. For whatever a man sows, that he shall also reap (Galatians 6:7). We need to understand that our God is a God who is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart (Hebrews 4:12). Yeshua (Jesus) has made it clear that His sheep know His voice and will not follow another.
John 10:1-5 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”
Again in John 10:27, Yeshua says this:
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
You cannot trick God. I will say it again. He knows the thoughts and the intentions of your heart. It is imperative as believers that we learn to know the voice of our Shepherd. Satan has many of his wolves out there speaking to the sheep. Prayerfully study the Scriptures that Yeshua's voice will become crystal clear to you. We should know the voice of our Shepherd better than we know the voice of our earthly parents and siblings. Satan has a lot of Rich Little voice impersonators out there. Do not be deceived. King David had the right heart attitude when he said to God, in Psalm 51:1-13 (KJV [Revised]):
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving-kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou might be justified when thou speak, and be clear when thou judge. 5 Behold, I was shaped in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 6 Behold, thou desire truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. 7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
People are constantly wondering. How can I know God? How can I hear His voice? I find it ironic that people desire to hear from God, but then when someone clearly does hear from God, and He gives them a word, people circle their ear behind their back and consider them crazy. God does speak to His people. Are we willing to hear?
David had the correct attitude. First he asked God to have mercy upon him according to His loving-kindness. He acknowledged that it was upon God's loving-kindness to which he was appealing. He understood that before his many transgressions were blotted out that he had no right to even come before a holy and righteous God. He knew he had to be washed of his iniquity because his sin was ever before him. He could not escape from his sins because they were ever before him. He had to acknowledge his sin. Confessing it before God in order to enter His presence. Verse 6 is a very important verse. David knew that God desired truth from within his inner parts. It was much more than simply acknowledging God from his fallen fleshly intellect. It was in his inner parts (his spirit) that the Almighty reveals Himself. In his spirit, not just his mind. He knew that he could not purge his own sins and make himself righteous before God. God had to do the purging. Only God could make him clean.
Then David calls upon God to create in him a clean heart and renew within him a right spirit. Without the Holy spirit working within us, everything we attempt to accomplish is simply the works of the flesh. After all these things, David declares, "13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee." It is not until a right spirit is working within us that we will be an effective tool in the hand of the Almighty for the conversion of sinners.
Think on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment